- Severe Shortage of Skilled Welders
- Inconsistency in On-Site Welding Quality
- Harsh / Critical Working Environment
Ordinary off-the-shelf industrial welding robots have limited capability to perform simple welding tasks on re-bar or sheet piles which require precision in work.
Goldwave strives to develop and utilized our in house pre-programmed robotic welding welder, which can be incorporated with our aimed welding machines, as electrodes to carry out highly precise welding joints on Heavy Structural Steel Construction Work on-site.
Project: Kwong Wah Hospital Redevelopment
As a pioneer, we introduce robotic welding to the construction work that relates to heavy structural steel in Hong Kong.
In this respect, Goldwave continues to invest on researching and developing solutions that embraced with the latest welding technology as an intention to improve the workmanship and applying new steel materials in work
- High Strength Steel (S460 and above)
- Thick / Heavy Steel Sections
- Develop Multiple Positioning of Auto-welding
- To improve consistency, precision and accuracy of welding quality, hence enhancing productivity (fast and efficient)
- To attract young work force
- To improve workplace safety in hazardous environments
- Achieving cost effectiveness
- Thick plates welding up to 40mm – 80mm, with the ability to make fine adjustment at range 63mm to 80mm.
- Steel with grade ranging from S355 to S460.
- Typical semi-automatic welding consumable NR232 with horizontal positioning
- Currently conducting research in carrying out vertical and multiple welding positions in automated welding process
Robot Arm Set Up
Remote Controls & Control Panels
Testing of 60mm thick steel plate
- Multiple applications from straight to curved surface
- Multiple positions
This automated system will be adopted on-site for welding of circular columns at the construction site of West Kowloon Express Railway Link